Athena customers using ThoroughCare have the ability to Import, Enroll, and add CCM time directly from Athena in a Patient Chart using the ThoroughCare Google Chrome Extension.
In order to use this extension, you must be using ThoroughCare in the Google Chrome browser. Click here for instructions on how to install Chrome.
Once Chrome is downloaded, navigate to the chrome web store and search for ThoroughCare or click the button below
Once the Extension is added, you'll notice the ThoroughCare icon to the right of your Chrome address bar
To begin using the ThoroughCare plugin, navigate to your Athena site and view a patient's chart. Once in a chart, click on the ThoroughCare extension button and then click Log In.
NOTE: The extension will only work if you are in a patient's chart.
Depending on the Patient's CCM status, you will either be able to Import the patient into ThoroughCare, Enroll the Patient into the CCM Program, or Add CCM Time Directly from a patient's chart into ThoroughCare.
Importing a patient into ThoroughCare from Athena
If a patient has not yet been added into ThoroughCare, you'll see the option to import them.
Click Import to begin the Import process and it will open up ThoroughCare in another Tab to complete the import. Once you click Import from EHR, the patient will now be added into ThoroughCare as Not Enrolled
Enrolling a Patient in CCM
Once a patient is imported into ThoroughCare, you'll then have the option to enroll the patient in the Chronic Care Management program.
Click Enroll in CCM to change the CCM Enrollment Status and it will open up ThoroughCare in another Tab to complete the enrollment process. Click here for instructions on how to enroll patients into the CCM program.
Add CCM Time
Once the patient is enrolled in CCM, you can now add CCM Time on behalf of a patient.
1. If you wish to open the Patient CCM Management Page in a new tab, click Open CCM.
2. To begin the task timer, press start. You can stop or reset the timer at any time. You can also manually change the time by placing the cursor over the task timer and clicking on the number you wish to change.
3. The Log CCM Time As is a list of tasks that your practice may do during non-face-to-face patient interactions to count towards the patient's total time. Choose the correct non-face-to-face task from this list.
4. The Log CCM by this user is a list of all Care Managers and Physicians. Choose the correct user completing the non-face-to-face task.
5. Choose the date the task took place. The calendar defaults to today's date but can be changed to a past date to backlog tasks.
6. Once the call or task is over and the correct options from the drop down lists have been chosen, you can log the time by clicking Log Time. The time will then be counted towards your patient's goal on Total Time.
7. Under Current Month's CCM Time you'll see the CCM time logged for this patient thus far in the current month. You can click View Logs to open up the CCM Time Log in another tab for the current month.
8: Under Time logged for (previous month), you'll see the CCM time logged for this patient in the previous month. You can click View Logs to open up the CCM Time Log in another tab for that month.